Mechanical Capabilities

I would like to suggest that VW looks and investigate a package like ALIBRE. There they would see a lot of the features we would want to see incorporated to make it a more powerfull package - especially the exploding / assembling and BOM creation. Fast, easy and user friendly. And .... yes the ALGOR FEA is inluded. Brilliant move.

I have also seen that some guys are in the structural side of things. That would be brilliant if VW can develop a structural / RC package - why not, they have the AllCad base also with FEA analysis included.

Please note that I am on VW only 6 months and love the program and do not want to name other packages to discredit the VW community but if you can achieve some more Mech Struc capabilities by this means, then why not ?

I know by now that VW is primary a Arch package BUT they have added the Mech side to it and we wanted to get away from 3 different packages to a single based package with one extension and not converting to dwg extensions all the time. Very convenient as many firms does a 3 some in one or other respect of Arch, Civil (? Landmark), Struct and/or Mechanical.

Civil, Struct & Mech Engineers

Other packages on hand is TC, AC, Cadkey, Robot Office.