Viewport Updating

The name itself should affect the drawing like that. If you changed the DPI of the sheet layer, or added/changed textures, or something like that - then it may take a while for the viewports to update (all dependent on made change)

I have left VWA to update without undoing the name change of the DLyr's. It is working but taking a while. I set all VP's at 72dpi constantly, so I dont think it would be this. Once I have updated the VP's I would expect that it will speed things up again. Otherwise I will revert the DLyr's back to the original name. frown.gif

I have spent the best part of the day transfering the main drawing thru WGR to a fresh blank template. I have come to the point where I am creating a Section VP, and guess what...the problem I had originally is still there. I now believe that it's a serious VW flaw. I am now attempting to reinstall VW to see if this corrects the problem.

Generating a Section Viewport takes a while. This is not a matter of placing a reference of geometry like a typical viewport would. A section viewport reads the model, slices it, recalculates the geometry, and displays that data on a sheet layer. Depending on the size of the model, this process can take a while.

I advise to be patient while it calculates and generates.

Patients is a vertue! Mike M, thanks very much for your advice. I did exactly what you said, reducing the conversion settings in VWA Preferences, however...it still did not work until I rebooted my comp, restarted VWA and amazingly the updating of the VP is lightning fast. As we all know WinXp Pro (and all MS OS's) leave residual amounts of program resident in the ram. So restarting VWA without a reboot after adjusting these settings does not work. From now on I'll reboot after making major display setting changes. Anyway thanks for heading me in the right direction Cheers!...P.S. Katie, please advise Nemet of this possible issue, could be effecting hundreds of users.

Edited by j.christ
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

You might also send the file to tech support with an explanation of the problem. That way we can use it to help us try to optimize performance. I did some viewport optimization recently that will show up in a future VectorWorks release, based on a user's submitted file.