Title Block Placement

I'm using a custom Title Block that I've created in the default file I've brought it in using the Drawing Border Tool. The logical place to put it for me is on the Sheet Layer but this seems to give me problems. If I go to a saved view that doesn't have the class that the title block is on set to visible and come back to the Sheet Layer, the Title Block disappears. I have to go back to the classes and make it visible again. Also, the Issue Manager is only showing one Title Block Sheet avail. for editing. Am I missing something?

I've noticed that all of the standard blocks are in the none class but when I created ours I put it in its own class called "JBA Title Block." All of my VP's are set to display this class but my saved views are not. I didn't think it mattered because it was my impression that VP's told the Sheet Layers what to display and since the title block is on the Sheet Layer and not the Design Layer...

If you want to quickly set the class to be visible in all the saved views, go to the Organization dialog box. Choose the classes tab. Click on the Visibilities radio button in the upper right. Then adjust the saved views accordingly.

class visibility applies to sheet layers as well, which makes sense if you have graphics that would be set to not print, for whatever reason. So just update your saved views to have that class on.

Also, a general rule of thumb I preach here is all symbols should not have any class assignments in them. All my symbols are set to the none class and if I need to set that symbol to a class I set it outside of the symbol.

Is creating symbols in the none class common among users? I've been putting some offices standards on the Sheet Layers because I want them to stay in the same place relative to that layer. I now see the rationale for placing all of this type of symbol into the none class, but are there drawbacks to creating all symbols in the none class?