Attributes Bug

I seem to have a bug or a corruption problem with my attributes. When I click on a class and activate it in the Navigation Bar the Attributes Palette only updates line thickness. Both of the fill attributes remain the color/pattern of the none class when nothing is selected, but the attributes palette will update to whatever has been selected in the drawing. This problem started when I edited my wall styles in the resource browser. I edited the attributes of the walls but could only get one wall style to actually update. Has anyone else had this problem?

The attributes palette does not apply to styled walls. Instead, the attributes are assigned using the various components.

When a styled wall is selected, the attribute palette is not active for pen and fill.

When selecting another object though, it should be.

Edited by Katie

Thanks for the reply. If there is nothing selected in the drawing and I activate a class through the Navigation Palette shouldn't the class attributes display in my Attributes Palette regardless of the use at creation setting?

I'm still having the issue with the wall styles. I understand that it doesn't show up in the attributes palette but both the walls that I create and the walls in the drawing don't use the selected prefs. for the wall style. I set up the class correctly and checked the "Use Class Attributes" box. When that didn't work I set the wall style in the edit wall style dialog box. That didn't work either.

When using the class attribute to assign a property to an unstyled wall, go into the wall preferences. Select the component called "wall". Click on Edit. Make sure "Use Class Attributes" is selected and click OK. Then, under the Insertion Options tab, choose the class the wall should be assigned to / use the attributes of.

Make sure that class has an attribute assigned.

Then the attributes palette works like it would for any other object.

Edited by Katie

Katie, thanks again. I've gone through that process with the walls a number of times in the wall style dialog box. (insertion options were set to the correct class) It displays correctly on one wall but not on the others.

Quote:

"The class attributes will not be visible until an object is drawn in that class."

That helped me understand the attributes palette better but why, when I select a class that has or hasn't been drawn in, does it populate the attributes palette with line thickness and not fill colors? I'm a fairly new user so you have to excuse my ignorance. This is just something that makes no sense to me.