Batch export DXF/DWG to separate files

Christiaan

Question

11 answers to this question

I feel zombie like after doing just 20 of the things. After doing a 100 of them I think I'd want to find the nearest pub and totally forget about work for the rest of the day.

Batch exporting DWGs has to become as simple as batch exporting PDFs. Adding a simple option for exporting each Sheet Layer or Saved View to separate files would achieve this. Can we please have it ASAP.

how about batch exporting separate files?

in all of the sets i worked so far, almost every sheet is a separate file.

in this situation the problem of batch exporting pdf versions also persists.

why the ability of importing multiple dwg files but not the ability of exporting them?

it seems clear that importing single AND multiple files in ANY of the formats that vw is capable to manage would be the best way to go about it.

A batch export or print is definitely missing from VW.

One sheet per file is a useful organization tool for us where as few as two or as many as ten people might be working on drawings at any time in a project. So it is just not practical to have, for example, all of the elevations in one file.

The side effect is that when I have a set of drawings with 100 sheets it is a huge timesuck to print the whole set, pdf the whole set, export to dwg the whole set.

Batching from multiple files would be a huge help!