Update some tools

JC

Question

Hello everyone.

1- I would like the Ellipse tool have many ways to bulid it, for example by Center: First click in the middle of the ellipse second in the end of that radius and then click to assign the last radius. And the second method by Axis: First click and drag in order to make the complete axis and then another click in order to asign the radius for the last axis. (Hope i explained good) blush.gif

2- When you assign a line thickness to lines or open polys etc. the thickness change the total lenght of the object (for example: draw a line, assign a huge thickness and you can see that the thickness make the line longer so when you plot or print and measure of this line the length is no correct.

3- That would be nice if the wall have a guide line in order to change the thick by the side that you want, no like now where if you change the thick the wall change by the middle.

4- Make a new join in order to make a "join" for Colinear wall of different thick.

Cheers

JC

PS. Sorry for my bad bad english

PS2. I'm working with VW 11.x.x yet and waiting for the 13

wink.gif

7 answers to this question

JC, agree with 1 and 4, although 1 is already possible to work around. Regarding 3, you can align walls when changing the thickness if you use the wall type capability, and change the type in the OIP (not sure if this works in version 11).

I would disagree with the idea of 2 - you can't ask the program to change the mathematical description of a CAD entity based on an appearance factor! Well, you could ask for that, but the implementation would create a disaster!

Michael K:

- You only get the choice to change a wall thickness by a reference line with Styled Walls.

- Wall Styles and Accurate Relacement is only available in Architect and Designer.

- Unstyled Walls still change thickness around their centreline.

For consistency the abilty to change wall thickness by a "reference line" should exist in all versions, and for both Styled and Un Styled Walls. For the same reason Styled Walls should exist in all versions.

Can someone clarify #4 so I can input it into the wish list database correctly?

Katie, I believe the request is for something that would automatically create the graphics shown on the right in this image of two walls of different thickness:

Wall%20join.JPG

It's pretty easy to add a line or two to do this, so I personally don't feel a great urgency about it. More important, perhaps, would be to get outer cavities to wrap around the ends of walls, and, in this case, to wrap through the change in thickness:

Cavity%20wrap.JPG

I would disagree with the idea of 2 - you can't ask the program to change the mathematical description of a CAD entity based on an appearance factor! Well, you could ask for that, but the implementation would create a disaster!

P Retondo i don't think that only be a appearance factor, at least in my contry before you can start to build any estructure you must send the blueprints to the main office of engineering in order to they can check the blueprints, if some employee reviews the blueprints with a ruler and if in the remote case this happens the blueprints are given back so that they are corrected.

You understood perfectly what meant with the colinear join.

For consistency the abilty to change wall thickness by a "reference line" should exist in all versions, and for both Styled and Un Styled Walls. For the same reason Styled Walls should exist in all versions.

Yes please, via OIP change the reference line.

Cheers

JC