HELP VW crashing

Are they all using the same file - did they copy a file from a server or use one someone sent to them?

Has it happened again since then?

Does it happen with any other files?

Was there a specific tool, menu, or operation they were using/doing when this event was triggered?

I put a base plot on each computer as a starter for them. They then save it as their own, on that computer and start the assignment.

It seems to have slowed down, but 2 closed yesterday, and a couple the day before.

This is the only program and file they are working on at this time.

I have 8 computers running VW - so I don't know which tool each was using at the time the program closed, but I would suspect that they were using several different ones.

Different issue, maybe:

I am also getting a message that pops up sometimes that the computer cannot find a dongle with a valid serial number, then opens a window that allows me to select a serial number, and keep the program open???

I would have them copy and paste the objects to a new drawing and see if the problem persists.

Without specific information of the steps being taken leading up to the issue, it's difficult to troubleshoot the problem.

Maybe you could turn this into a teaching exercise since this is a situation most people face in a variety of applications over their lifetime.

If a computer has a file open, then alerted a dongle isn't found - the file won't be able to be saved. It shouldn't just shut down.

I would contact tech support directly about the dongle not found issue.