Label Legends

Howdy. I've had this problem for a while and still can't seem to work around it. I can make new label legends and assign them to instruments, but when I go in to change the position of some of the data, like the channel, dimmer, purpose, color, circuit name and #, I am unable to move that field on the plot, but I am able to move the gobo. I then click and try to move one of the other fields and the gobo field goes back into it's original location.

I have started all the way from the beginning with new labels, but nothing seems to help.

I am using 12.5 on OSX10.4.9. Now I have tried to update to 12.5.1, but I am having issues with that, but that's another story.

EDIT:Okay, it seems that my problem only really happens when I have a gobo number in the gobo field or an accessory attached. When I erase the gobo entry and refresh the field, everything is fine.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Edited by Gary Bower

Gary

I often have a problem with Lable Legend fields locking up and not repositioning.

I especially have problems if I go back to edit the plot and add a field to the Lable Legend, say after the show has been circuited and I want to add patch information. Somewhere between the Lable Legend and the Editible Worksheet very bad things happen.

The only way out that I've found is to delete the Lable Legend, create a new Lable Legend, and assign it to all the instruments.

btw: There has been a really wild discussion about Lable Legend problems on the VW Theatre Discussion List.

MK

Well see I would believe that it might be a problem with the label and that it was corrupt except for the fact that when I delete the gobo info, the number, and refresh the label, everything is free to move.

Believe me, I have tried to make new labels, delete the old ones, even start from scratch, but nope.

Also, I thought it might be my use of the Mr. Template fixture templates, but the problem even occurs in VW stock lighting symbols.

Try it. If you can't make it happen, I would like to know how.

For those of you that have this problem, here's a workaround if you haven't already figured it out.....

When you initially create your label legend, leave out the Gobo field, you can add it later. That is the trick. Go ahead and fill out all info for all your lights, get to the plot, move the fields that are interfering with other lights and then when you're happy with everything, go into Label Manager and add the gobo field into that label legend for your lights and then if it works like my version, you should be able to move all your data fields and the gobo field as well.

Cheers.

I talked to Jim yesterday there at nemetschek tech support and sent him a sample last night, but it will be later tonight before I can send you an example, my firewall doesn't like me sending 4mb files out.

Also, I just tried to move the labels I had been able to move fine yesterday in the example I sent Jim, and now they don't move.

Oh yeah when I thought it was fixed, it wasn't.

• 5 months later...

Okay,

It's been a while since I heard anything back, but here goes it again.

I am still having trouble with my label legends and the ability to move them.

I started over with the plot, sorted out some layer issues and thought everything would be great, but when after I imported the data from my Filemaker 9 database, I couldn't move any of the label legends on any light. I made a new document and used the same Soft Symbols (the v3 with VW 12, set) and the legends all move around fine in the other document.

I have come to this conclusion, the label legend placement seems to get locked in after my import from an excel file. Is there something that is being imported that is corrupting my label. I only import the important stuff like channel, cable, circuit, color, gobo, etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.