Default unit settings should change

brian-rwc

Question

I wish the default unit settings for both display and dimensions would be to the maximum accuracy possible. I also wish the same for display of angles in terms of decimal rounding. The current default that rounds to the nearest 1/8" is deceptive. It's not accurate enough for detailing (or understanding true component sizes) and neither is it accurate enough for dimensioning grid lines. If there's something wrong with the accuracy of my plans I would prefer that VW alerts me of the problem and if it's ok to "dumb down" the accuracy I would prefer that be something we do on a voluntary basis (or override a default setting). I always change the defaults anyways when I begin a new drawing but not everyone in our office does and we often become aware of these accuracy problems when it's too late and need to spend extra time to correct the problems.

1 answer to this question

You can change the Default.sta file to have the accuracy and settings you want for new files. Set up a blank document with everything the way you like and save it to \Templates\Default.sta in the VW application folder and replace the existing file. You can even include scripts, symbols and objects if you like.

HTH,

Raymond