Image import problems

I can not import an image wit transparent pixels correctly. It changes depending upon the file I am importing it into. It changes depending upon if it is tiff or not.

It has trouble distinguishing the transparent imformation from the white.

I replaced the transparentr info with green RGB info in one instance and HLS in another. Both taken from the exported palette data. First instance looked ok on screen but no where close when printed. Second instance was the other way around.

Has anyone had any success with any method?

Iosolin:

I can import from indesign or illustrator and have control over the background by selecting it and clicking on none but only if the background was created correctly to begin with. No matter how much I try I can't do it with jpg or tiff because of the way they are processed, those I open in another program and make the changes to the configuration then import and it works great.

Hope this helps.

Tom

xp pro sp2

3gh dual w/3gb ram

Thanks for the ideas.

The creator of the image was able to give me a copy of the original file which was a series of outlines in Illistrator. From which I exported to dwg and then imported the objects. Essentially I worked around the issue.

It still disturbs me that the colour information from the export of the colour palette information produced two entirely different colours when used in photoshop. One only matched the colour produced onscreen (RBG #) the other (HLS #) only matching when printed to our colour printer.

Cheers,

Larry