WHERE DID THE NUMBER STAMP TOOL GO in VW12?

Gotta love that number stamp tool. Just wish it would be editable after it is inserted via the OIP to change the shape/size/number on the fly.

hope it doesn't go away with any future releases. don't want the legacy to become history.

Edited by dcont

You could use the ID Label tool which is smart in that it knows you are labeling a door, window, wall, etc.. This tool works great if you have all your record formats set up and generate VW schedules. If you do not, then the number stamp tool is the way to do this manually.

You could use the ID Label tool which is smart in that it knows you are labeling a door, window, wall, etc.. This tool works great if you have all your record formats set up and generate VW schedules.

I have'nt been able to get the ID Label Tool to 'automatically increment' it's values.

1.I first place the Doors and windows in the walls, with on schedule unchecked

2. Then, using the ID Lable tool,click on the door,and it does read the Field info available for that object, there I check the On Schedule box, but...

3.The number sequence always starts over to 1, never incrementing, and I do check the auto increment box.

Can you List the exact steps you use to make it work?

Thanx for any help.