I can't create new symbols & classes.

The reason that you cannot see the names of your classes and symbols anymore, are caused by the program running out of names to assign thing's such as layers, classes, symbols and textures. To try and resolve the problem you can eliminate unnecessary polygons 2D and 3D if your symbols and objects has some polygons that are really not needed remove them. The reason for this is to free up some names in the drawing. is that every polygon gets a name and you have reached the maximum, by deleting the unnecessary polygons you free up names so you can assign them to other objects.

Well, you can work with any size file you want, if you have enough RAM on the machine and enough allocated to VectorWorks. There really is no limit if your machine has enough utilities to handle such a large file.

Hi Mark,

I am working on a G3 with 320MB of Ram and VW 8.51 has assigned 200 MB. From what you say I understand that with more than that memory, I could create more classes an symbols?. Please, this is important, otherwise I'll have to create several files for the same model.

One thing to mention is that in both situation I had that problem, I had DXF files from ACAD in a layer.

Thank you again

Martin