dtm

don

The Vector Works manual refernces on line documents. Where are they? The one I am looking for is DTM OL-DT. Thanks to the help of one of the administrators I can get the points to be used to create a DTM set up, now I need to know how to edit the contours.

The manuals are Online HTML files. To access these files you must go to the HELP menu and select VectorWorks help. You will see a tab for online manuals click this box and you will see the DTM online manual. To edit the contours you can go to the original contour layer and make the necessary modifications and then generate a new DTM.

Make any poly line, I prefere Bezier,leave it in EDIT mode, go to MODEL/CONVERT TO 3D POLYS when is converted in OBJECT INFO PALETS tou will se X Y Z. Z would be 0. Put elevation you want in Z. Now to save you hours of fixing: make 3DPOLY editable go to DTM/FILTER 3d POLYGONS. I work in 1"=40' so I chose 0.1' as tolarnce. If you do not filter you will have on approx. 500' about 600-700 vertices depend how twisty poly is, if you filter you will have 25-40!!!! To edit each 3D Poly, click on it in OBJECTINFO you have MOVE ENTIRE OBJECT or MOVE VERTEX ONLY. Select VERTEX ONLY right mouse click and select edit, voila you have 3D poly with all the vertices, zom to object(to see it all) in OIP find <-> something like this, if you click in the midle you will see on 3D which vertice is On, move it left/right where you want. If you ADD Vertice, comand from the tool bar on the top, + sign, Z will be zero, type the elevation in Z field. If you forget to do it go to Front or left or right view and you will se if you have any of htem on the Z=0, if so same procedure. Be cerfull with DTM, more Vertices more time to calculate, some time 2-3 hours.

Good luck