help! Floor framing objects disappeared

Yesterday I completed two floor framing plans and a roof framing plan and today when I opened the file, the floor framing members weren't there; the roof rafters were, just the joists are gone. I've checked everything I can think of in terms of having class visibilities set correctly etc. - both rafters and joists are set to the class "structure" which is turned on. Help! these drawings are due soon and I don't want to re-do everything just to lose it again!

Peter, I think you have something there - I used my floor object to make the framing plan. But I still can't find the joists; are they inside the floor object? I've found that using just a polygon seems to be the better option for framing plans.....but still one extra step, ie. replicating/tracing a floor slab with its stair cutouts etc.

Use custom selection to find "Type" "is" "joists"

You should see everything selected - then check to see if another object is blocking like Peter suggests, OR the attribute palette is set to a white pen/fill, or they are just on an invisible class or layer

I've found that using just a polygon seems to be the better option for framing plans.....but still one extra step, ie. replicating/tracing a floor slab with its stair cutouts etc.

No need to trace: just double-click the floor slab to get to the underlying 2D geometry. Copy the polygon, exit the slab, paste polygon in place (I paste it on another layer); use as basis for the framing tool.

Good luck,