Lines with space-dot at the end?

Recently I have seen this on a few lines and occasionally at corners in the space tool.

There will be a small space at the end of a line with a dot actually marking the end of the line.

It seemed like it might be related to getting into a 3D view by accident, but I can not seem to find any simple thing that is causing this.

Has anyone else had this happen? Is there a way to avoid/fix it?

It's as designed.

Pre-VW 11, the dash pattern would repeat regardless of where the line/space fell in relationship to the object.

VW 11 introduced lines that do not end in a space with respect to the dash pattern. Likewise with corners on polygons.

The dot you see is a shortened dash, and likely shorted space to ensure there is some marker at the corner and / or end point of a poly or line.

Just started happening to us as well on our newest computer - if I understand the issue. These are solid lines (not dashed) that have the line visually stop before the control end points (about 10% of total line length away from end). If I open a new file and draw a line the problem clears up in the new, but stays in the old. Restarting, etc, to no avail.

Power Mac

Quad Core

VW 12.5