Bitmap rendering problem

I am having a problem with bitmap rendering since installing 8.5.1. When rendering a perspective with the rendering tool, the resulting view is not the area selected with the window. I only get a small number of objects rendered, and their size and location in the rendered image do not correspond to their that of the perspective view.

When you are using the Render Bitmap tool make sure that you marquee the entire area of what you would like to have rendered. If you marquee a section of the drawing that is all you will see rendered.

Mark,

I did surround the entire area I wanted rendered. We also tried the tool on another computer running a different copy of 8.5.1.

We had the same results there. We also tried different files with the same result. The only version of 8.5.1 that doesnt have this problem is the Windows version. It seems like this is a bug in the mac version of 8.5.1.

Do you think you can send me a file so I can test it out and see what can possibly be going on. Send the file to tech@diehlgraphsoft.com and include a phone number a brief explanation so I can follow what you are doing.

• 2 weeks later...

Try this, use the render bitmap tool with different pixel aspect ratio's. You'll find that only the 1:1 setting works properly, especially with larger files. The pixel ratio seems to act as a zoom factor within the selected window. The Bitmap render was made to work with the 1:1 screen pixel ratio. If it is not at 1:1 nothing will appear. You can change the DPI of the BITMAP by selecting the bitmap tool and then click the preference box in the mode bar, in here you can change the DPI to something higher.