dimensioning with dots

I got a small problem. I usually use dimensions with slashes as markers but now have to use dots and I really don't know how to set up dots size nor text size of dimensions! I searched trough customizing dimensions and I didn't found anything. I know how to change size of arrowheads (dots) but it doesn't comply with dimensions. Anybody knows how to solve this?

First create new CUSTOM dimension, then, while still in the dialog SELECT the new one from the list (it might be the only one there), then click EDIT. In the EDIT dialog, at the lower left, there are two pull-downs called "Linear Markers" and "Other Markers". Note the the default for each is an arrowhead, but you can change it to a dot, or slash, or whatever, usign the pulldown.

There is perhaps another way to go about this: Assuming that your dimensions will all stay in the class called "Dimension", you could go into the CLASS SETUP dialog and double click on the Dimensions class. In the dialog that opens make sure that the "use at creation" box is checked, then if you click on the last little graphic in "set graphic attributes" (lower left) you will see that other "end" types appear. Select the DOT. Note: you can also change the size of the DOT or any end marker, by scrolling all the way to end of the pulldown list to "edit", which will open another, self-explanatory dialog. Note also that if you edit the graphic attributes of a class AFTER there are already objects in that class, upon exiting the edit class dialog you will be given the choice of "set existing objects to use new graphic attributes". Be aware, and cautious of this one, and remember, you can always hit UNDO if you need to.

you need to set up a custom dimension standard. That?s what peter was trying to help you with

File > Document Settings > Document Preferences...

Dimension tab

Click on the Custom... button

Click on the New button...

name the new dinemsion standard

select the new dimension standard

click on the Edit.. Button

now you can change the dimensions to have dots instead of slashes

OK, I tinkered with this a bit more and found out that you need to make sure that the DIMENSION object is assigned to the proper DIMENSION type in the Object Info Palette. I agree (in advance) that this is sort of non-intuitive. But there you have it. So, either set up your DOCUMENT PREF's to use your CUSTOM DIMENSION, or after you draw a dimension change it (in the OIP) to be of the CUSTOM type. Hope that finally gets you there...

I have set dimensions to right class/dimension type already. I also saw edit modes of class for dots but it only makes real arrowheads (dots) at the end of lines - not in dimensions. I know I seems to bug you guys here but please - did anybody really tried to draw dimensions with different dot sizes?

And where I could change text size of dimensions?

The text of dimensions is pulled from the default text font and size under the TEXT menu in VectorWorks.

With nothing selected, go to the Text menu and set the desired font and size. Then dimension away.

Is it really, really that easy? Gosh, and all these years I have wishlisted that typeface - or even size - could be a part of the dimensioning standard. And that we could have dimensions of different standards to go into different classes. And that typeface and text size could be Class Attributes.

Stupid me. I just have to delete each and every of the 10000 dimensions I have, go to the Text menu and then dimension away. Absolutely brilliant!

I don't think my response was flippant. Perhaps it's all about interpretation by the reader.

I am here to help, first and foremost. I didn't see anyone else posting how to set font size/style, so I shared how. It's pretty straight forward as to why I posted what I did.

There's a large population of people unaware of how text is handled when creating dimensions.