Mega Wish List. A list from a group of users.

RubenH

Question

All of these wishes are a recopilation of some ideas from some users of VW, that think it's a marvelous software that can be better:

1. Depth in the lines of section viewports. The thicknesses of lines can be changed according to the distance. At the moment when in section viewport you change to ?use attributes of original objects?, is not possible to use a valid class for the background of the section (I believe this is a bug), this would have to work correctly.

2. System of visualization in form of ?Tree? for sheet layers. Example.: Document - > Folder (Architectural, Esteructural, Electrical...) - > Sheet Layers - > Viewports. This can be integrated to the Navigation Palette and the Organization Window.

3. A ?navigator? that indicates the level of zoom in which one is and the area on the page. Like the one of Photoshop and Archicad.

4. Like Option: Simplification of the doors and windows a single class for all its components. Thus as a easy and less complex handling for doors and windows schedules.

5. 2d reshape: The ability to select multiple points with an object underneath. Like when we use shift key when selecting with window mode if we are over an object with fill. Also the possibility of selecting with 2d reshape successive points using shift and click.

5.1 Extensive functionality of 2d reshape to 3d reshape. Perhaps a single reshape tool must exist, and a more intelligent one. Something like ?2d/3d reshape tool?. Like the actual Mirror Tool.

6. An object: Nurbs Volume, in different categories: of spherical origin, cubical origin..

7. In the arcs objects: to be able to modify its "length of arc", through Object Info and fixating one of the endpoints or the center (like the line object).

8. Better snaps.:

In 2d, in arcs and curves (multiple divisions working on both).

In 3d, snaps equals in performance the one that exists in 2d. For example: ?extension lines?, ?edges?, and a ?Datum XYZ.?

9. Associative dimensions within the Viewports.

10. Rectangles supporting 2d reshape without having to apply a ?convert to polygons?.

11. Different types of arrowheads in a same object. Arrow on one side and circle on another one (for example).

12. DTM: When we concern the points through ?survey input?, we pruned to assign ?stakes objects?, that represents a tree, a predetermined symbol ("replace" in object info or use symbol instead of stake). In the case of a edification silhouette: draws up a polygon that unites those points.

13. Poly Clip Tool.

14. When sectioning ?walls?, ?floors?, also ?hardscapes?, through ?section viewport "? contains components, would be good if this could be obtained with basic elements: walls, pavements, slabs, beams and columns.

15. Autoupdate to all the elements that need it. For example Data stamp.

16. The Sections, through ?Section Viewport?, must be more integrated to the 3d model. The ability to change elements without having to go through designs layers, from the same section, at least for the parametric objects, walls, floors, hardscapes, columns? etc.

17. In the ?Section Viewports? must exist the option of ?project 2d objects?, as well as that in the symbols and parametric objects have the possibility of turn on/off certain types of information in the Section Viewports and Viewports, for example a symbol can contain several elements to be shown in different displays modes. At the moment this it is our solution to the problem:

i414338_Picture5.png

18. This it is another desire:

http://techboard.nemetschek.net/ubbthrea...=true#Post63549

19. Irregular Spaces Objects. Of Nurbs nature.

20. 3d Hatchs, for objects in elevation or plan. Like a texture, but a hatch.

21. Better Workgroup References: See posts from Christiaan.

12 answers to this question

7. In the arcs objects: to be able to modify its "length of arc", through Object Info and fixating one of the endpoints or the center (like the line object).

If the entire list had been reduced to this one item, I'd still have voted with the "eyes". Thanks for taking the time and thought to assemble this list.

13. Poly clip tool: like the clipping tool but with a polyline instead of a rectangle.

14. Walls, floor, hardscapes, roof faces, beams (maybe a new object), columns: all must have the hability of contain components. Walls components can have independent caps. Components must be elements that can be showed on sections viewports no matter the conditon: sectioning to obtain a plan, or sectioning to obtain a section. Hardscapes, floors, roofs, must have the next :

i463965_Picture10.png

Floors and Beams:

i464017_Picture11.png

Edited by Mr. Gog
10. Rectangles supporting 2d reshape without having to apply a ?convert to polygons?.

Mr Gog,

While I'm evangelizing Reshaper tonight (shamelessly, too), I'd like to let you know that you can at this very moment, edit rectangles in any rotated orientation - with Reshaper. Sorry, there's that small catch. But you can evaluate it for free, if you'd like, just for asking.

If interested, email me offline at: mullinrj@aol.com. Send me the last 6 characters of your VW serial number and I'll send you Reshaper 12 and a KEY that enables the full package for your machine. In addition to being able to edit Rotated Rectangles today, you'll also get 24 other edit modules at the same low price - FREE.

All the best,

Raymond

mullinrj@aol.com

Oh, I forgot to mention - even when a Rectangle is rotated, you can anchor any one of its 4 vertices (or 4 mid-line points, or center) and rotate it again about that point, or move that selected anchor point to any coordinate, or snap it interactively in the drawing with the Next Click option - OR - you can change the length, width, snap point position, and rotation all at the same time. Reshaper even works on Polylines the same way if the 4 vertices are properly aligned.

I know it sounds almost too good to be true, but you'll have to see it to really appreciate it. - Raymond

Edited by MullinRJ

Can you please clarify this post ... mainly the mention of a bug....

"1. Depth in the lines of section viewports. The thicknesses of lines can be changed according to the distance. At the moment when in section viewport you change to ?use attributes of original objects?, is not possible to use a valid class for the background of the section (I believe this is a bug), this would have to work correctly. "

Edited by Katie