door classes -MAC OS

Greetings,

A friend of mine updated to 12.5.1 on the latest MAC OS.

Now all the doors she inserts come with a huge number of alphanumerical classes nested within and they don't pick up the active class. I am a PC users so I don't know much more about this issue. Any suggestion? Thank you!

I have to disappoint our dear Daredevil: this has nothing to do with Mac OS.

Suggestions? Sure! Get a Macintosh!

Of course that won't make you a VectorWorks expert, but your life would be a lot better - you'd get rid of dandruff and bad breath and so on.

The symbol itself has components of the door assigned to all of those classes.

If you edit the symbol and select each individual component, I bet you'll find the various parts are assigned to different classes, like the letter-based names you suggest.

The door itself should go into the class called Doors. The sills class has to be on because the swing is put in that class. The swing is put in a separate class so reflected ceiling plans are quickly created by setting the sills class to be invisible and the ceiling class to be visible.

• 2 weeks later...

<<The door itself should go into the class called Doors. The sills class has to be on because the swing is put in that class. The swing is put in a separate class so reflected ceiling plans are quickly created by setting the sills class to be invisible and the ceiling class to be visible. >>

Katie,

Problem I have with this is that the door frame shows in ceiling plan view. I'm trying to get the door to completely disapper in the ceiling plan and not succeeding.

Regards,

Donald

Oh, one more thing. It doesn't seem to make any difference whether the door is in a "door" class or the "none" class. Turning on the ceilling main class and turning off the "sills" class (why this nomenclature?) Hides the door and swing, lets the wall read continuously but does not hide the jambs or frame.

One setting which seems to get in the way is the wall break. If you have a full wall break with the doors, simply turning the door class to invisible hides the door but leaves the break in the wall. Seems to me the break ought to be conditional on the door (or window) being visible.

REgards,

Donald

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Doors and windows employ sub-classing so that they will work properly in both floor plans and ceiling plans. Window sills, door slabs, and door swings (which are tradtionally not shown in reflected ceiling plans) are assigned to the "Sills" class. Also, there are walls lines (or lintels, if you prefer) drawn in the Ceiling-Main class.

So for floor plans, turn on the Sills class and turn off the Ceiling-Main class. Do the opposite for reflected ceiling plans.

If you wish, you can change the names of these classes if you are using Standard Naming.