Batch Convert-Does it run update plug in

Robert et al

I'm planning on converting a whole bunch of files from 11.5 to 12.5.1 soon.

When we run the "batch convert" command is it automatic that the utility "Update Plug-In Objects" is run? Or do I have to do that manually on each drawing?

If it's manual:

If I continue to reference files without updating plug-ins am I running any risks?

TIA

Rick

You shouldn't need to run the command on VW 11 files, unless there's a specific legacy object in the file.

Are you having a problem with an object, or just typically running this command on all converted objects, thus asking about batch convert ?

The batch convert does not update the plugin objects to the most recent version if there are legacy items in the file.

I suspect there may be a way to do this via VectorScripting, but I would think about whether there's truly a need for this before going down that road.

Edited by Katie

All the update plugin command does is update older plugin objects to the current version. Most of these plugin objects haven't been used since VW 8, although there are a few unique situations.

Unless you are converting a VW 8 file OR you used legacy plugin objects to insert doors/windows/stairs, etc., you shouldn't need to run the command.