Batch Symbol Changes

Is there any way to make changes to multiple symbols at once? For example: I would like to select 30 symbols in my furniture library and have the insertion option place all of the symbols in the same class. Another common one would be adding a prefix to the name of a group of symbols so that they match a company naming standard. Perhaps Vectorscript can do this?? Any clues or ideas would be appreciated.

Tom - Unfortunately no, that will change the symbols in the drawing, but any future symbol placed will revert to the auto-class settings.

Petri - We need to tap that brain of yours! How's this for an idea: We start a new category in the forum titled: Community Projects (or locate these ideas in the "VectorScript" section)... any worthwhile ideas that can be reasonably accomplished through scripting could be located there. You (or someone else with scripting knowledge) could estimate how much time i.e. cost would be entailed in making it available and members could pledge contributions until the goal is reached. If it fizzles - well, oh well, but for those ideas with strong support, this could be a way of enhancing the environment for everyone.

I would guess that we could talk VectorDepot into handling the financial and distribution side of things.

Your thoughts?

Why, I even have free scripts for the purpose, but because I am not allowed to claim copyright for them, I can't help you.

Why not just send them on over for posting to vectordepot ?

Whatzthebigga deal ... no version of VW lasts forever.

When was the last time any of us incurred legal expenses trying to enforce a statutory 'copyright' ?

Perhaps ... 99.99% of computer users have a significant percentage of 'pirated code' on their computers.

This is called the " poor man's copyright " ; )