CANON IPF 700

Kurt Ofer

Question

Our trusty HP230 needs repair. Our dealer (both HP and Canon) is recommending Canon IPF 700. With trade in rebate on our old plotter (believe it or not, they would give us $1000 for it), it would be only about $3000. HP will be twice that much. From posts herein and elsewhere, seems that folks are happy with their Canon IPF plotters. Anybody care to share any latest thoughts? We would be using it first with VW 10 on our G4s (I know, we're real cheapskates) with near term goal of upgrade to 12. Thanks. Kurt.

2 answers to this question

I have the 600 and thus far have been very happy with it. I especially like the cassette tray for smaller sheet sizes and the speed is very impressive. Have yet to purchase photo paper to test that type of output. Bought mine online through these folks:

www. DigitalGraphicsResources.com

good luck

Recently we bought IPF 700 and we are using mostly mac, OSX10.4.9. Print quality and speed is excellent. But sometimes half way thru the print job gets cancelled. When we click restart printing sometimes it goes thru and sometimes stops again. We are using print drive 3.21. Anyone has answer for this, please respond. Thx.