dim promblems

jessie

Use the "Decompose" command under the Modify menu to break up a chain into individual dimensions. If you have a chain of 3 dimensions, the decompose command will turn the Chain Dim object into 3 Dimension objects.

The "Ungroup" command breaks it down to lines and text objects. The objects are no longer dimensions.

Jessie, you can also adjust the Text Offset of individual dimensions in a chain dimension string:

- Right click (Control click on a Mac) so the contextual menu comes up.

- Choose Edit Dimension to bring the Object Properties dialog box up.

- Enter the required value in the Text Offset box and hit okay (-ve values will move it below the line).

It can sometimes be a bit tricky selecting a single dimension rather than the whole string. Zoom in and click on the dimension line just to the left of the text. It would be nice if you could do it by clicking on the text of the dimension you want to modify, but unfortunately this selects the whole dimension string for editing.

The "Ungroup" command breaks it down to lines and text objects. The objects are no longer dimensions.

I learn something every day, but this one mostly amuses me. Katie, I truly do use Ungroup, consistently and regularly, to reduce chains to individual dimensions. Probably at least once a day, maybe every other day. I thought that's how it worked. (Now, watch my copy of VW change to work the way it was told to back at Home Office!)

The others here tell me they only use Decompose. Hmmmmm.

Have a great day!

Does the object type, as displayed in the OIP, start out as "Chain Dimension" and then end up as "3 Dimensions" (or some number of dimensions) in the OIP?

Are these new dims in 12, or did the dims start in an earlier version of VW?

Edited by Katie