Polygon fill and lasso modes in Viewports

P Retondo

Question

3 answers to this question

Michael, to be clear, what I mean is that I'd like the polygon modes to interact with the information displayed from the design layers as well as the annotation objects. We can snap to those design layer objects, so I surmise that we could possibly get the polygon tool to work also.

Yes, if I want to fill in a part of the roof, that is on a design layer, with a hatch, let's say, that's being shown in elevation in Hidden Line, I can use the fill bucket mode of the polygon tool and do this in the Viewport Annotation window.

Or if I want to put a heavy outline around the whole building elevation, I can use the Lasso mode and that works as well, and again, on objects from different layers as being shown in the viewport. Sometimes the lasso mode does funny things like wrap around shapes within the larger shape but is easily cleaned up with the reshape tool. But like I said before, it sometimes doesn't work at all and I don't know why.