VW 12.5.1 and Multi-user environments (Mac)

Matthew L Christy

Question

Hello,

In my school district we are currently running Vectorworks 11.5.1 on Intel iMacs in a multi-user environment. I had to write a custom login script that copies the VW preference files with the HASP key, etc. to the current users local preferences so that VW doesn't have a cow when another user tries to execute the program.

Does anyone know if Vectorworks 12.5.1 addresses the issue, and have they properly developed the newer versions to work in a multi-user environment?

I have just ordered the upgrade for the entire lab, and I will have to update the current image. I'd like to know what I'm in for ahead of time. smile.gif

Thanks for your time.

-Matt

1 answer to this question

Hi Matt,

Seems VW still installs on the local user, and I can't get it to use a global licens.

This is very frustrating, as the licens should follow the dongle and not the user.

Why-ohh-why is the licens made for the User and not the Computer?

Seems strange to require a licens-number fixed dongle and then make the registration on the User account and not the computer!

Blows away Directory logons...