Placing a logo on a curved glass surface

I would like to place a logo on a curved glass surface but the image prop I created appears twice on the surface (left and right) even if I switch off the H/V tiling. How can i make the logo appear on center?

In addition, the logo which is just in red appears with a white background when rendered onto the glass. I would like to get rid of the white backgroud as well.

Three issues:

Scaling , Placement and Alpha channel transparency.

Double the size to eliminate the 2 textures and try different wrappings.

In the Render OIP check to see that the image is mapped to the appropriate surface.

In the Texture Browser select the white background color as your transparency mask

( adjusting the contrast background levels ).

Three issues:

Scaling , Placement and Alpha channel transparency.

Double the size to eliminate the 2 textures and try different wrappings.

In the Render OIP check to see that the image is mapped to the appropriate surface.

In the Texture Browser select the white background color as your transparency mask

( adjusting the contrast background levels ).

Thank you islandmon, will try and post the result.

Sorry I forgot to include other details in my s.o.s., I am using Vectorworks 10, mac g4, os 10.2.9

Hi islandmon,

I nearly nailed it, except that I could not center the logo on the curved surface. It's always mirrored, tried other surfaces but they are mostly distorted. To map on center, I just used half of the image to meet in the middle. Is there a better way to do this? In addition there are ghosts of the logo when I render in final quality renderworks.

I did not have any problems with a true curved solid surface but once I cut a part of it transforming it into a solid subtraction entity, a line in the center appears and the mapping is mirrored. That's about the only problem left, thanks for the advice again! smile.gif

Arlene, it's easiest to map to a uniformly curved NURB surface... rather than a tessellated mesh.

Splitting the texture image into multiple fractals will not solve the problem.

But splitting the glass into segments will.

Ideally, create an arc segment equal to the arc length of the Logo then map to it.

Or, simply divide the circular glass into 4@ 90? arc segments and only map the Logo to one of them.

I really appreciate your help, islandmon. Thanks for your patience. smile.gif

This is applicable to a simple curved surface, but the one I am mapping has got the bottom part lopped off about 30? diagonally from one corner; this is looking at the side elevation, hence the

front elevation would give you a rectangle with a concave bottom line. To do this, I cut the solid curve and it became a "solid subtracton entity" that is split in half that is why I got those mirrored logos. confused.gif

here are some images:

image1.jpg01.jpg

Arlene, your design requires 3 arc segments with only the center being mapped with the Logo. Based on the proportions shown no configuration exists which will map the Logo to 2 segments without splitting it .

Start over using 3 arcs and it will work out perfectly.

Thank you islandmon, practical indeed! Will figure out how to create a 3-segment arc first. smile.gif