Odd red objects in walls

Anyone know where this red locus at the window jamb comes from? These are part of the walls, nothing that I placed in the drawings. The red loci started appearing all over my plans at window and door jambs for reasons unknown.

Note, by the way, the irreducibly awful handling of cavity joins at a Y-join, one that is not a particularly unusual situation (NNA, help!).

Wall%20joint.JPG

The previous post is not correct. The component join capability is part of Architect as provided by NNA. It is not provided by Ozcad.

The distortion problem in Peter's post comes up ocassionally. It can usually be fixed by re-doing the cavity join. (First break the wall join with the Wall Heal tool and then stretch the joining wall back clear of the horizontal wall).

If you want to trigger that type of distortion make an angled T join and then join the components using the Component Join tool. If you then shorten the wall by stretching so that the shorter wall side becomes less than zero you will get 'interesting' distortions. Even stretching the wall longer again does not make them go away. The only way to fix it is to completely remove the wall join with the Wall Heal tool and also 'heal' the free end as well. Then you can re do the join.

I wonder whether in Peter's case the distortion is coming from the window which is quite close to the join.

Mike, as you say, there are different ways to perform this kind of join. Some look a bit better than others, but none are perfect. The one illustrated is kind of in the middle of the possible unsatisfactory results, and I made the comment to add momentum to the desire to get this fixed.

The program should work simply and easily with respect to "healing" wall join situations. Add to that the desire to wrap exposed ends of walls with the outer component(s).