Section lines do not appear on viewport

Does anyone have an idea why a Section Line (made with the Section-Elevation Marker Tool) on a design layer does not appear on a viewport, when everything else on the layer does? Class is active etc.

Do the Section lines do anything - i cant get anything but a line with a pretty marker on the design layer. In effect the 'Section line' seem to be just a line with some adjustable properties.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ronin

Checkmark "Project 2D Objects" in the OIP with the viewport selected. (Assuming you placed the section marker on the design layer and the design layer and class the marker belongs to is visible for the viewport)

Peter

I have no prob's with creatin VP's from the 'creat section VP' function on the View Menu, these work flawlessly. My problem is that when i use the Section - Elevation Marker tool, nothing happens in regards to a VP etc.. All i really have is a pretty line with a marker (yes the info is on the Obect Info Panel)that does nothing but sit on the design layer. Does this tool do anything? The biggest issue is that the same Section-Elevation marker lines do not show up on VP's created of the layer they sit on. I'd be happy if i could simply get them to show up on the VP's. Any ideas's

AND THANK YOU and the VW Community for all the input and help.

Ronin

Ronin, Aha. Now I *think* I understand your question better. FWLIW, I use the "Section Marker" in the Annotations of my VP's. Because, in general, all of my PLAN VP's are "aligned" with each other (from sheet to sheet) I just create the section markers once then copy and paste-in-place to each relevant VP's annotations...

• 7 years later...
Go to the section VP in question, select it, go to the Object Info Palette and click on "Section Line Instances". In the resulting dialog select (check) which desogn layers and/or VP's in which you want the section line to be visible. HTH's

This helped me. Thank you!