HELP!!! Lost Drawings!!!

Disaster stikes....Our office has lost a whole lot of VW drawings, and having done thorough searches in the job folders/finder/spotlight/trash etc they still have not turned up.

I know this isn't really a VW problem, but it must have happened to you all at some point. I'm not hugely familiar with Macs or VW and have exhausted my limited knowledge - but figured there must be someone out there who might be able to help! We're a small place, and our tech support isn't really up to much.

The really weird thing is that some (but not all) the files have gone from two different folders - so it seems unlikely that they would have been deleted or renamed - you'd have to be really trying to loose them.

We run on OS X version 10.4.8

If you've got any ideas at all that we could try, please let me know....

Thanks,

Lucy

At this point: STOP EVERYTHING!

You really need to get someone with the knowledge & tools to sort this out and meanwhile, the computer(s) in question MUST NOT BE USED AT ALL. Shut them down, unplug them, take the power leads and put them in the office safe...

Any data recovery process is most successful if absolutely nothing has been done. The less, the better. Still, I would not assume anything but the worst.

You do have daily or at least weekly back-ups, don't you?

Follow Petri's sage advise ... then calm thy self ... if they ever really existed on that harddrive, then they are most likely still there somewhere.

Recall that even if someone accidently trashed those files ... all that means is that they were flagged by the OS for eventual overwrite of the sectors.

The question to ask: is this drive really actually positively the drive those files were located on ??? Or were they on a back-up or networked drive ?