slow section update

lulu

Robert, if I might express an observation, the sections are slowed down considerably by light objects. Even standard hidden lines sections, if the drawings are complex (many windows, doors...)

* ambient info

* light objects on displayed layers

* surface lights expecially

... all should be switched off or disabled until the end.

And the cast shadows option obviously checked out.

Unexpectedly, it is faster to render a section under final quality renderworks.

vsd

Michael - thanks for that tip. I tried it on one of the drawings I was having problems with and it made a significant difference:

- Set to Low the Viewports updated very quickly.

- Medium was okay as well.

- High was a little slow, and

- Very High was reasonably slow.

Prior to changing the 3D resolution setting though I could go to lunch and come back and find them still not updated. Now even on Very High they are acceptable time wise.

Mike

I believe in a good CAD video card - it helps a lot. With 3D Labs in this regard out of business ( confused.gif) there is NiVidia agai at a unreasonable price though.

With settings in the Preference set too low the circular object just ain't circular anymore. Using Fast renderworks is faster than OpenGL but the texture appearances changes considerate. So - a catch 22 situation. And VW OpenGL gives a OK purposed quick, near to what you want, relative cheap on labour cost output for presentations from a projector.