Wall Height Worksheet Issues

I open a brand new document.... 1 layer only. I draw 4 walls on this standard design layer....ie 8" block wall, 40' long & 8' high throughout.

I create a worksheet to get the data from that wall and use the average wall height function "=WALLAVERAGEHEIGHT", to obtain the wall height. I set the layer function to the correct layer, set the type function to "wall".....and I come up with varying wall heights from 9' 3/8" to 9' 5/8"...

where is the problem that is creating the erroneous data?

I wish I knew. The same happens when querying a wall with VectorScript.

Now, of course the entire concept of "average wall height" is curious. What does it mean? If I have a wall of x metres in length (say 10), y square metres in area (say 100), but heights varying between 0,001 and 100 metres, what is "average"?

This is a known bug. VW has a problem with this...they have really got the math screwed up in relation to walls. Programmer probably had a severe hangover when the code was written to the extent that he could not remember where he put it. Maybe they should look under the sofa cushions.

Pete A

• 2 months later...

Hi Islandmon! :-)

Well in fact, this is quite a serious issue to me! I spent some time back a few monthes ago preparing my worksheets (tons of them for the scheudule of a huge project (for my standard of course?, knowing that I would need them to be very efficient today. Then we upgraded to VW12.5. I didn't pay attention about the worksheet for a while, I was more preoccupied by the conception (and I thought I had good functionning worksheets to rely on). I just got strucked by the awfull!!! reality two days ago, I couldn't believe it was a bug!!! now I've got my deadline in 10 days... does any one tried something that worked to solve the issue? Or did anyone tried to reinstall VW12 and run the worksheets on drawing made in VW12.5???

thank you robert, is there a special area where the maintenanse release are posted? Do you have an idea about how soon that can be? Would you have any tip for me in the meantime? How do you think drawings made in VW12.5.1 would react if put back in the VW12 version? would that work?

I have slope but I can use average height, the big problem is the area, it ws nice to have all the windows and doors deducted, now I have to count the symbol and sustract;.. anyway too late for me too find a solution, will do it the old way: this means manually.

best