File transfer from Mac to Windows then back again

Hello,

I've encountered a problem converting VectorWorks drawings files between Mac & Windows.

My draftsman has Vectorworks installed on his Mac. I have VectorWorks (v8.5.1)installed on a Windows machine. When he e-mails me drawings, they arrive in <filename>.dat format. I am successful in viewing, revising, and saving them in either *.dat or *.mcd format. When I resend revised drawings back to him on his Mac, what format should I use?

Whether the drawing I send is in *.dat or *.mcd, he can't seem to be able to view them properly. Any advice?

Chris

[This message has been edited by christopherdavis (edited 01-19-2000).]

When sending work between Mac and PC versions of the program you should always save the file with a ".mcd" suffix. This will allow the PC version to understand that the file is a VectorWorks file. If you send a file from a Mac without the suffix to a PC you will see the ".dat" suffix which may cause problems for some users when trying to open the file. So If you are on a Mac and are Sending files to PC always remember the ".mcd" extension before you send it.