Enlarge print area

johjoh

Question

I'm setting up a print file with viewports to all my drawings on a single sheet layer. I thought it would be convinient to have it all on a single sheet layer..

I need 24xA1 pages but the maximum print area (3175*3175mm) is not large enough for that. Is it by any mean possible to enlarge this print area?

pls help!

cool.gif

17 answers to this question

Ok maybe not more convenient.. I just thought it would be more old school/real to have all the pages on the screen together before printing instead of doing it the batch print way..

I dont have that big printer but i can split 3175x3175 up to 15xA1 landscape pages leaving some margins but thats not the 24 pages i need.

Thanks for the rpls. I think you dont get the real question though. I work on each drawing in a seperate design layer and compare the design layers and then I put them all together on a sheet layer as viewports just for layout and printing.

But the problem is the print area is limited to 3175x3175mm and thats not enough for all my drawings. I can of course print the first 15pgs and then move the page tool but thats rather inconvenient.. Is there no way to enlarge the available print area??

..guess it was easier way back, just you and the pencil no computers and millimeters.. do you agree smile.gif

If I have a seperate sheet layer for each drawing I dont get the overview before printing.

I could also print from design layers but then i miss the comfort of viewports.

The problem is the program only allows total printing area of 3175x3175mm regardless of how many pages you split that up to. Is there no way to enlarge that area?

I think you dont get the real question though. I work on each drawing in a seperate design layer and compare the design layers and then I put them all together on a sheet layer as viewports just for layout and printing.

Yeah that's what the guy in my office liked doing. But you cann't flip through your sheet layers, which is just as useful as flipping through design layers. Personally I find the ability to flip through sheet layers far more useful than all the pages showing on one sheet layer. Sure you can see them all but not at a useful scale and in relation to nothing.

I'll agree with you that there appears to be an arbitary limit to what you want to do however.

VW 11 - Cannot be done. Print area limited to 3175mm with a trick..it can be print up to 6350mm.

VW 12 - Can be done ( depends on your plotter max size) . I had print up to 1524x30480mm on our plotter.

G-Pang

Edited by G-Pang

In VW 12, simply create a new custom papersize. That simple.

In our office, for large printing, we are using...

Colour - HP Designjet 5500PS X 1 nos.

Colour - HP Designjet 4000PS X 5 nos.

B/W - TDS800PS X 1 nos.

B/W - TDS400PS X 2 nos.

Yes...Thanks to our boss for the luxury printing facilities.

G-Pang