How to get rid of unwanted lines in solids?

pedrodus

What version of VW are you running?

Sometimes adding a bit of electronic "white tape" is the quickest cure, but recent versions of VW have been requiring much less of late. Are you perhaps rendering with Hidden Line? Could you control the lines with classes? I would try rendering the same view directly on the design layer and select the offending nits to see if I could clean up the base object (as you called it). Or perhaps it's really another object that I could eliminate or assign to a class to be turned off in the VP.

Keep asking, I'm sure someone here has a good answer.

Good luck,

Thanksfor the reply.

I'm using VW 12.0 ( didn't update to 12.5, should I??)

I'm rendering in hidden line and final shaded poligon. I just saw that when those lines are "grey" in wireframe mode then they don't appear in hidden line or final shaded (good). When the lines are black then it has something to do with the creation of the object, normally the end/start of a NURBS curve or osme other intersection issue (bad).

"would try rendering the same view directly on the design layer and select the offending nits to see if I could clean up the base object (as you called it). "

I didn't really understand this one.

thank you again

"would try rendering the same view directly on the design layer and select the offending nits to see if I could clean up the base object (as you called it). "

I didn't really understand this one.

I'm suggesting you view your rendered design directly on the design layer so you can select the offending lines/object(s). Makes editing the object itself possible. . .which can't be done from a Viewport.

One additional point, using an example: if extruded rectangle A penetrates column B without some sort of "hole" being made in B (using perhaps Subtract Solids), there will be no lines created in Hidden Line rendering to represent the hole that doesn't exist.

Good luck,

Edited by Travis