Sign in to follow this  
losolin

Updating symbols with records

Hi,

I was recently asked to change the format of some data in a record used by our door tag symbol. The record is referenced into the document from the master floor plan. I went into the master plan file and changed the format of one of the numeric fields to no longer show 3 decimal places. Saved the file. Opened the daughter file and "updated" the workgroup referenced parent file. The existing symbols in the document did not update to reflect the changed format.

HOW CAN I FORCE THE EXISTING INSTANCES OF THE SYMBOL TO UPDATE AND SHOW THE CHANGED FORMATING.

No trailing decimal places.

Thanks,

Larry

It's possible the symbol has been imported rather than referenced. In this case, you'd need to edit the copy of the symbol residing in the file in question (daughter file).

Good luck,

I found the solution.

Apparently when one edits the formatting of a field in a record the link to that field is broken. All I had to do was relink the text with the particular that it was originally linked to and the updated was processed.