Possible Bug

I am trying to add a keyboard shortcut to 'add surface and clip surface' commands the shortcuts are command-option-1 for add surface and command-option-2 for clip surface. The shortcut string works for clip, but when I try to add the keyboard command for add surface I get the message,"The shortcut Cmd+C is already in use by : Copy. Can anyone else check to see if this is just at my end ? Thanks.

Sorry, I mispoke, <ctrl + c> or <cmd + c> is the shortcut for copy, not cut. Also, I misread your post - I thought you were trying to assign <cmd + c>, but in fact you are trying to assign a different set of keystrokes.

I was able to assign <ctrl + alt + 2> to the clip surface command successfully. That, of course, is the PC version.

Edited by P Retondo

I have Cmd-Opt-1 set to UNLOCK and Cmd-Opt-2 set to LOCK, so I know you can assign those keystrokes in VW. This works on my G4 and MacMini, and I've been doing it since VW10.

If you open and close the Workspace Editor without making any changes do you still get the message? If so, there is a conflict in your workspace hidden somewhere. I'd start looking in the EDIT menu and see how you have the Copy command assigned. If it looks normal, then check every other menu looking for a Cmd-C. If you find it, remove it and save your Workspace. Then open it again and start over.

One of the neatest thing I like about using Cmd-Opt-1&2 is that they only Unlock and Lock when objects are selected. With nothing selected they still Zoom In & Out x4. A very nice side effect. May it never change.

HTH,

Raymond

VW 12.5.0 DRW/ MacMini / 10.4.8