HP 800 paper size

carch

Question

I have been struggling with this problem for some time. We are using all Macs with Tiger along with 12.5.1. Our printer is a HP DesignJet 800ps. I select my paper size in VW document setup. At this moment everything looks great. When printing, my actually paper size changes. For example a 24x36 print (off a roll) is right (measuring 36?) between the VW board, but the actually paper is 2 inches longer making the sheet 38 long. What do I need to do to adjust this to print an actually 24x36. Thanks for the help.

4 answers to this question

We have used a 800ps in our office for the last six years. OS 9 was wonderful with this printer, not only was Arch D a true 24x36, but if you sent a 18x24 print it would rotate the drawing to only use 18" of paper.

Unfortunately I can only confirm your issue with the printer. for OS X.1 and .2 I was able to force the 800 to cut at "36" by making a custom page size of 24x35.95. That workaround stopped working somewhere in the OSX.3 development cycle.

The best I can determine is that the problem is in the 800 driver, not something in VW. this was an issue that started for us while using VW 9 and transitioning to OSX. VW 9 and OS 9 printed properly sized sheets, but VW 9 and OSX maded them too long, unless we used the work around above.

I stopped looking into the problem as we now are only using the 800 for presentation prints, and a dedicated B&W printer for working drawings.