Worksheet will not print

Kevin H.

Question

Hello

I am using 12.5.1 Landmark on windows XP. I am printing to an HP design jet 800 24. The worksheet was transferred to the printing sheet via a viewport. All layers and classes within the viewport are checked to be visible.

I have tried normal pringting and rasterized printing,since it's a fairly large design, but can't get the worksheet to print. Everything else, including the large,detailed colored landscape design, prints to the plotter without a problem.

I have not had a problem in the past when using rasterized printing on large designs. The only difference I see is that I have updated from 12.0 to 12.5.1 since that time period. Hopefully, it's not the updated version.

I appreciate any help. confused.gif Thanks! Kevin hollylanddesigns@sbcglobal.net

Edited by Kevin H.

7 answers to this question

Thanks for your response Petri.

After adding my post last night I found an alternative.

I copied the worksheet and used the "paste as picture" choice under "Edit" to paste it onto the design layer. I then transferred it to the sheet layer via a viewport.

It printed perfectly using the "rasterize" choice.

It was my experience in the past that by just copying a worksheet onto a sheet layer without a viewport causes the worksheet to print much larger than the desired scale.

Otherwise, Petri, I will try your approach with other items from the design layer to the sheet layer.

Thanks again. Hope all is well in Finland!

Kevin

Thanks Katie for responding. I did find an alternative as I mentioned in my response post to Petri this morning.

Katie, in answer to your question, I am using a 5.35 version printer driver. I did talk to my plotter tech and he said that, even though a more recent version may be available, an upgraded driver will not make a difference in this case. I'm assuming that he feels this is a memory issue and the updated driver will have no effect on the problem.

Is this not right?

I appreciate your insight.

Thanks!

Kevin H.

That's a fairly old, in technology terms, printer driver. You'll find the latest version will print slightly faster, along with more stable output and quality.

It's a good idea, especially with Design Jet plotters, to stay on top of driver updates for CAD purposes.