Hardware recommendations

I am a MiniCad user with an earlier version (version 6). I am planning to upgrade to the latest Vectorworks, Renderworks, and Architecture software. I need a recommendation on the type of hardware required to really be productive. I am not interested in limping along. I currently have the software running on a Mac Performa 6400/200 with 32Meg of RAM. I am considering more RAM, or a complete new Mac system, or a high end PC to run this software. Any thoughts on this?

Thanks,

Allan

When It comes to running VectorWorks you can run it on a PowerMac or G3/4 with at least 24 megs of memory. Most user are comfortable running it with 128 megs. Also since we now support graphic accelerators on the Mac you may want to have a computer that has a graphic card that supports Quickdraw. This will speed up your Quickdraw renderings. For the PC you can can use Celerons, Pentium II/III, and also AMD processors. Just remember the higher the Megahertz the better. The memory should also be at least 16 megs but 64 or higher will result in faster operation. And you may also want to have a graphics card that supports Open GL.

• 2 weeks later...

We are considering "crossing over" to the PC world... a big consideration for us will be the change of software from Mac to PC.

We currently use MiniCad 7.0 on a PowerMac. Will we be charged the full new price for Vectorworks or for an upgrade in the switch to a PC platform? smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Joseph Engum (edited 01-25-2000).]

You will not be charged the full price for the program. It will just be an upgrade, if you would like to know how much the upgrade cost's you can call 410-290-5114 and they will give you a price quote.