Arc Object Info Controls

AustinDesignInc

Question

I wish that the arc length & chord length in Object Info were editable controls. I often find that I need to specify the length of an arc after I draw it and I have to resort to the sweep measurement which is in degrees not inches.

Also, the displayed lengths should match the unit setting in the drawing. For example I typically work in feet and inches, but the arc length is displayed in feet with the inches represented as a decimal.

1 answer to this question

If you would like to try an evaluation copy of Reshaper 12.5.2, you will find that Arcs can be edited in the ways you desire and possibly quite a few more. Even the units will display as you like them. And like the data fields in the OIP, simple math (with units) can be entered and evaluated with Reshaper. (A quick example: an Arc Radius is 3' 7", you need it 3 cm larger, simply input 3' 7" + 3cm. The correct result will be calculated without you doing a unit conversion.)

With Reshaper, you can anchor the standard 9 position bounding box PLUS the Start, Middle and Stop points. Additionally, the Arc Length, Chord Length, Start Angle, Stop Angle, Sweep Angle and Mid Angle can be held constant while editing other other parameters.

Some of these edits can be done graphically, but without the exacting precision of being able to specify the values numerically. Reshaper gives you quick and easy access to that precision.

There are even more ways to edit an Arc with Reshaper that would be too tedious to explain at this time.

If you would like to try an evaluation copy of Reshaper please contact me offline at mullinrj@aol.com

All the best,

Raymond