Hidden lines render sometimes...

Using hidden-line render when two surfaces are exactly connected the line will sometimes show up and sometimes not. Using the option for smoothing angle doesn't seem to change this. Is there another tolerance setting or trick to get the line between two walls or a wall on top of a wall to go away?

Thanks,

• 4 years later...

Has there been any improvement on this.

Covering up things in the viewport annotations is very annoying.

And correcting the model so it is to the nearest 16 decimal places is crazy considering building tolerances are generally 20-50mm if lucky.

Could be good so that if it was within a tolerance you set - even 1mm then it covers it up - just like it does with hidden renders.

The wall to roof connection seems to be the worst, and the most difficult to rectify.

It looks like you also have some distinctly different graphic attributes between some of the elements which might exacerbate the problem.

I think we have all dealt with this issue, it seems like it is getting better, but I admit it is not perfect.

A couple of tips that I have found can solve some of what you are experiencing:

-Use the Modify>Align/Distribute tool- works way better than trying to zoom in 1000s of times; use the inherent precision of the computer and application with those tools, if you invoke align, it will align exactly- also include the power of the "lowly" locus tool and the snapping constraints as opposed to "eyeing" it, find and snap exactly to a point, use the locus to lock on/move away exactly from and snap the geometry of the elements together to precisely positioned loci instead of element to element. I've also found to exaggerate the positioning (movement away and then back to) of elements to each other (or positioned loci) invokes the snapping and precision I'm looking for.

Sometimes you have to override what might be the actual construction of the elements to achieve the display you are looking for, i.e. pulling away an element embedded into another just a tick will give you that line at the changes of planes between those elements.

I must say that it is hard at first to get all aligned well, but once you draw very precise like you should, this will happen once a thousand drawings.

So draw better and get to know when there will be a line and when there will not be one between objects! This is very important because you sometimes need to make for example wall connection differently than you should do at first.

So can you post the file so I can look at it? Then I can see what's the problem is.