Using Import Mapping From Lightwright 4

I'm mapping Lightwright 4 text fields with Vectorworks user fields. This works fine if I manually map them each time, or if I save the mapping file and use the load feature. But, in Lightwright I can re-name each of the text fields - and I do this often and in different ways depending on the show. But, the mapping file will give an error each time I work in a new file if the Lightwright text files are renamed. This is a new problem in V12 - in the past VW would not care what the exact field names were and would map correctly as long as the fields were available in the import file.

Any suggestions?

The incoming LW data has field labels that don't match what you formerly saved in the VW import map. Thus there's no way one master import map can understand how and what to match up, which is why the import map doesn't work.

You either need to create different import maps for the different text labels coming out of LW (I assume you are saving them as different layouts ?), or you need to create one big master export out of LW that has every possible text column with their particular column lables, along with a master VW import map with all those associations saved.

VW (v12.5) has many User fields as well as Gobo fields that can be used for anything you want. You would then need to configure different label legends to accomodate and display them on the plot.

SB

I needed to dump VW and do a complete re-install. I don't have the time to find out if it relates to the 12.5.1 update, but I suspect it does as that is when the problem began. Changing the names in Lightwright has never created a mapping problem in the past, so unless someone from Nemetschek contradicts this, I suspect that is not the problem, but I don't know exactly how the mapping file works. I would suggest that anybody using import or export mapping in Spotlight NOT upgrade to the .1 version unless you have some free time to confirm that this feature still works.