Sign in to follow this  
grant_PD

eps and ai file handled better

Question

eps files come in as bitmaps. ai files are not supported. I can go the dwg route, or cut and paste from illustrator. When I do that the lines don't run parallel, or perpendicular to each other, and curves are distorted to the point of being unusable.

2 answers to this question

There is a plugin to import .ai or .art files (it imports in VW just the paths, not fills, texts and other graphic attributes) at vectordepot:

http://www.vectordepot.com/plug-ins/

There it is a demo and a complete version in the market section.

I for one would like to see EPS vector import as a built-in function of VW, especially given the new strategic alliance between Nemetschek AG and Adobe. I imagine lots of architectural graphics people (and other industries) would love clean vector importing of EPS, PDF, etc.

Also, one might get a background file and not have Illustrator, so copy and paste isn't always an option. Likewise, if given an EPS file, it may not be possible to convert to PDF prior to importing.

And thanks for the heads-up on the plug-in; I had missed that one.