Spell Check Learn Feature

CEA

The "Learn" feature of the spell check dictionary does not work on any of our computers.

When I initiate a spell check, all works well- except that the dictionary does not "remember" the word when I click the 'Learn" button.

This has been a problem for several years, on a number of different Mac computers.

MAC OS10.4.8

VW 12.5.1 Architect w/ Renderworks

Dear Katie:

Thank you for your prompt reply. I don't believe there are any special permissions for my user account.

I have looked for the VW dictionary file as well as a user's custom dictionary file, but have not been able to find it.

Can you point me in the right direction to find these files so I can check the permissions?

Thank you for your help.

I have set the permissions in the Vectorworks folder, the Plug-ins folder and the Dictionaries Folder to Read and Write, but the spell check still does not "learn" words.

Tee UserDictionary.txt file is empty before and after I run a spell check. The modification date and time changes to the last time a spell check was run, but there the file remains empty.

Words that I tag as "Learn" seem to work while the spell check is run, but they are not "remembered" on the next spell check.

I apologize if this description is unclear. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

• 8 years later...

Ah no, its not in

C:\Program Files\Vectorworks2015\Plug-Ins\Dictionaries

but you made me think where it might be on our roaming profiles, so if anyone else is on a similar set up I've found it here.

C:\Users\rob\AppData\Roaming\Nemetschek\Vectorworks\2015\Plug-ins\Dictionaries

(Only switch "rob" for your user name)

Thanks

Edited by RDS Casa
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Glad you found it! My apologies, the last time I went and edited one manually was when it was still in the application folder rather than the user folder.

For anyone else looking for the user folder, this article, while not directly related to the topic, will walk you to it on the various operating systems:

http://kbase.vectorworks.net/questions/885/Backing+Up+Vectorworks+Preferences