wall components in viewports

All of the projects created prior to the "Show Wall Components" default in with them off. Once turned on they stay on unless the check box is un-selected. I have not found there to be any bug

Ah I see. I would classify this as a bug myself. If you have have a drawing which shows Wall Components, and then you open that file in a later version of VW and those Wall Components are turned off you have the potentially serious problem of people unintentially printing previously issued drawings that are incorrect.

Putting the above issue aside though, I think the default should be Wall Components on. What do you think?

Christiaan,

You would think that the wall components would turn on as a default...and it is with the creation of all new projects under 12.5...maybe it was just an oversight on VW's part of what to do with prior files. It could be changed in the future to look for the on-off switch each time a file is opened and match that against your options configuration.

Christiaan, I agree with you, the default should have been components on not off.

After we upgraded to 12.5, I had to issue a set of drawings to the printers. Fortunatley I checked my PDF files before I sent them out becuase what do you know all my wall components were not showing. After digging around I found that I had to select my viewports and turn on show wall components.

Any viewports created before 12.5. will have wall components off. Any viewports created in 12.5 or later will have wall components on.

Since this technology was not available in the earlier versions, it was not possible to have the wall styles auto turn on with the new feature.