Missing dongle driver

How

Question

I am trying to install vectorworks 12.5 from a replacement DVD series B114 onto a PC laptop. all was fine excpet when I start up it says there is no driver for the dongle, I have searched the website but nothing comes up...where can i download the driver from?

Thanks

Matt

5 answers to this question

The dongle driver installs alongside the VW installation.

Did you have the dongle plugged in while the installation was taking place?

Does the dongle light display?

Alternatively, you can download the driver here -- make sure you don't have the dongle plugged in while installing the driver.

http://aladdin.com/support/hasp/vendor.asp

If you continue to have problems, contact tech support directly --> tech@nemetschek.net

I had exactly the same problem. I installed the dongle driver from the HASP website as suggested by Katie. It works fine now but this seems like a huge oversight - shouldn't the driver be automatically installed or updated accordingly? Or if not then at least instructions on where to get it when the program opens; instead of me having to search the forums for a similar problem (because the driver can't be found by searching their website).

I am new to VectorWorks and I am hoping I am not going to continue to find inconvenient oversights such as this one with the rest of the program.

CK