"Replace with Active Symbol" Woes

I'm 90% sure this one's a bug, so i've already reported it, but has anyone heard of this?:

When trying to update a selection of multiple lighting instruments, I will usually select a whole group, and update attributes by entering information into the object info palette. However, it seems that the ?Replace with Active Symbol? function in that palette does not work properly. Rather than updating all of the selected instruments, the replacement/update only affects the first unit that was selected in the series, leaving the remaining units with whatever type of symbol they were originally. Any advice would be appreciated...

I did find something interesting though. I did a find and replace to change information on three units, then did a refresh and the new information showed up on the instrument - HOWEVER - when I did an undo the information on the instruments reverted back, BUT the information in the OIP did not revert also????

Jim