Custom Titleblock Weirdness

I just worked to create a custom titleblock. When I went to insert it into the drawing (via the border command), it was physically there, but all of the text was jumbled up or there were areas of double text. Some text was real big others real small. It didn't look anything like my original title block!

Obviously I am doing something wrong! I have a file to send if anyone wants to take a look at it!

Pat

Couple of guesses -

Were you working in a 1:1 scale while creating your TB? And/or is the sheet scale different from what scale you built it?

I had some wierdness once, as VW had defaulted to the Archie font - The titleblock will use the default attributes of the file, i.e. font/color/line weight, when you drop it in. The TB seems to keep the font size info, but check that font is the same you used to create in; select the TB on your page and bring up your Font Attributes.

Some fonts align differently than others and that made my TB look wierd until I reset it to Arial.

Also, while editing the TB, double check your Text alignment origins.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Patrick,

Send the file to Tech@Nemetschek.net. I'm off to USITT this week. Tech support should be able to take a look at it and tell you what's going on.

[ 03-27-2006, 10:33 AM: Message edited by: klinzey ]