Politeness from Petri

dontevenjoke

Question

Quote from Petri - "I'll continue a bit, despite public demand."

I was wondering how much 'public demand' it would take to oust Mr.Petri(I.don.t.know.what.the.special.rant.in.brackets.has.to.with.anyones.sister.)

While it's true most knowledge forums seem have to endure a smart attituded, over-zealous hall monitor who knows it all but fails to remember the reason for having a forum like this, I wonder how many votes we would need to abyss Petri and be free of his smug ranting.

We come here because we are having problems, or are new, or learning.

Can we ban Petri's posts so they don't show up, thus freeing us from the over-bearing self righteousness of this over-qualified and smarmy malcontent?

Or, start a new section called 'Unhelp hints' edited by Petri, which could have his usual ravings to snigger at for entertainment, but when you actually had a problem or query, we would be free of his ubiquitous suggestion to go read the help section.(Which.we.already.read.for.four.hours.and.you.are.the.reason.we.haven't.come.to.the.forum.yet.because.we're.guaranteed.a.smart.alec.reply.from.Petri.and .whoever.his.sister.is.I.don't.know.)

I know what you're thinking... posts like this just encourage guys like Petri to charge on with their socially disabled police work. (But.it.makes.me.feel.better.)

How about some recognition that we are here to learn, not to be lambasted by the self-appointed high preist of VW knowledge.

(End.of.rant.I.am.going.back.to.say.hello.to.my.sister.) shocked.gif

8 answers to this question

You can ignore people - You need their number which can be found under any of their posts - just below the subject line.

With the number, go to the "My Home" link at the top of the page.

Scroll to the bottom and click on the "Ignore List" link.

Add his number to the list.

Katie,

I'm afraid it does not work. I'd love to have eg. Mr Peters on my ignore-list, but the said link does nothing.

EDIT

Ah-ha! Got it! You have to click the annoying idiot's name to see his or her details and then you can click "Ignore this user". Oh, good! Now I can get rid of all the Aussie ignoramuses and pompous Californian Masters of Architecture who teach computers at Universities. (I wonder if computers are good students?)

Edited by Petri

There is some entertainment value in the abrasive posts and the ensuing sh*t- storm, but as a newbie, I have a very difficult time distinguishing between cogent information and less lucid rambling from the party in question. It is fascinating, though, how one manages to insult individuals, companies, and whole countries in a single post.

troll.gif

I'd actually forgotten the word 'ignoramus'. It's a good one. Although the plural is 'Ignoramusi'.

LOL

No harrrrd feelings and there,there, big fellah. And greetings from Down Under.

I think I am the only Aussie ignoramus that PetriDish will have to ignore. (And.he.is.not.seeing.this.entry.anyway.as.he.is.visiting.his.sister.and .has.just.found.out.he.can.ignore.aussies.and.californians.)

Anyway, PetriDish, I come in peace, and all is forgiven.

Best Regards, Simon

Edited by dontevenjoke

Petri reminds of me the old grumpy senile uncle that everyone puts up with at family gatherings. You engage him at your own peril. He comes with the territory and is part of the landscape. But he is also a source of entertainment and if viewed as such, is every bit as toothless as your grumpy old uncle.

With love and appreciation,

This morning on NPR radio a spokeman for the Wallstreet Journal commented that

"...there is a certain class of sadistic people who like to humiliate or be humiliated by others... "

"...perhaps this is representative of a sadistic gene unleashed by people with a desire to be famous"

The internet is alive and well...