V12 to ESP vision

TGNYC

Hey Kevin,

OK, more issues...I don't think it's an ESP problem. We've discovered this: Our office is mostly MAC's with the exception of a the Sony Vaio running Windows NT 5.1 for ESP. When we open the file on the PC something happens that corrupts the file(s). I have tried to save it back to our office server(a MAC), at which point it shows up as some crazy text file-not recognizable by VW12...I've tried this with two separate files and get the same result. I've tried bypassing our server by saving directly to a USB memory stik and opening directly from there-when i do that i get the standard message that the file was created from an older version (yet it wasn't)...when I click ok to open in the "new" version of VW it says it is an unrecognizable file! So seems like something is happening between the MAC and Windows platforms??? I absolutely double-checked that we are running the identical updated apps of V12 (12.0.1) on both machines. At a total loss and this is killing my productivity.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Sent the offending files to tech@nemetschek.net ATTN: Kevin and we will take a look at them.

Send the good file as well as the bad file. If you save it locallt to the windows machine can you open it back up? or is the problem only when you try to open it again on the mac?